The UPSC conducts a written exam called CDS Examination for the recruitment of the applicable aspirants. The CDS Exam Syllabus is very important to be read out for passing the exam. The exam comprises three basic subjects English, General Knowledge and Mathematics. These three subjects include various topics. The CDS Exam Syllabus Details will give the detailed information regarding the subjects as given below
best cds coaching in meerut
CDS Exam Syllabus Details:
Paper 1: English
The objective type question paper is designed to examine the understanding of English of the applicants. English question paper of CDS Exam includes passage for answering few questions related to that passage.
Paper 2: General Knowledge
General Knowledge question paper in CDS examination includes knowledge of current topics and of matters which are observing every day. The aspirants must be able to answer scientific aspects without any particular scientific study. They should have knowledge of History of India and Geographical issues without any specific study. The applicants must be able to answer these general knowledge questions to pass this test.
Paper 3: Elementary Mathematics
The objective type question paper includes various topics of elementary mathematics. Candidates should have posses knowledge about these topics. There are lots of topics to cover which are as following:
- Arithmetic: Aspirants need to perform well in arithmetic which includes Number System, Fundamental Operations, Unitary Methods, and Elementary Number Theorems etc.
- Algebra: The applicants should able to solve basic operations, Remainder Theorem, Quadratic Equations, Linear equations and practical problems etc.
- Geometry: The candidates should able to answer geometric questions which contain Lines and angles, plane and plane figures and their related questions.
- Trigonometry: The applicants need to know the values of Sine x, cosine x and tangent x.
- Menstruation: The all candidates applying for the test should have knowledge of calculating areas of squares, rectangles, triangles, circles and parallelograms etc.
- Statistics: Everyone needs to know the collection and tabulation of data, histograms, pie and bar charts etc.