EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.08/2018-CPF DATED : 25.04.2018 (LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION APPLICATIONS : 21.05.2018) CENTRAL ARMED POLICE FORCES (ASSISTANT COMMANDANTS) EXAMINATION, 2018 (COMMISSION’S WEBSITE : www.upsc.gov.in)
1. CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELlGIBILlTY FOR THE EXAMINATION: Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of e-Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
2. HOW TO APPLY: Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
3. LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: The Online Applications can be filled upto 21st May, 2018 till 18.00 Hours.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid and active E-Mail I.D. while filling up Online Application Form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
5. PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS (In Objective Type Question Paper): Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Paper.
6. INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING UP OMR SHEETS: a) For both writing and marking answers in the OMR Sheets (Answer Sheet) candidates must use black ball point pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates are further advised to read Special Instructions contained in Appendix-III of the Notice. b) Candidates should note that any omission/mistake/discrepancy in encoding/filling in details in the OMR answer sheet; especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
7. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Candidates are advised to read carefully “Special Instructions to the Candidates for Conventional Type Tests” (Appendix-IV).
8. FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES: In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ Gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs.
No.11/1/2018-E1(B) : The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Written Examination on 12th August, 2018 for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). The Examination will be held in accordance with the Rules for the Examination published by Ministry of Home Affairs in the Gazette of India dated 25th April, 2018. The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. The tentative number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is as follows:
(i) BSF 60
(ii) CRPF 179
(iii) CISF 84
(iv) ITBP 46
(iv) SSB 29
Total 398 The number of vacancies mentioned above is liable to alteration. Reservation will be given effect to as per policy of the Govt. 10% of the vacancies are earmarked for ex-servicemen. NOTE: In case the vacancy(ies) reserved for Ex-servicemen remain unfilled due to nonavailability of eligible or qualified candidates.
3. ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS : (I) Nationality : No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing be appointed or employed under these Rules. Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these Rules.
(II) Sex : Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants. (III) Age Limits : (a) A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2018, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1993 and not later than 1st August, 1998. (b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable. (i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
(ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
(iii) upto a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation. However the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service will be limited to five years.
NOTE 1 : Candidates should note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any grounds whatsoever.
NOTE 2 : The candidate should exercise due care while entering their Date of Birth in Online Application Form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their Date of Birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent Examination Certificate, disciplinary action will be taken by the Commission under the Rules.
(IV) Minimum Educational Qualifications: A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
NOTE 1 : Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination in the year 2018 will also be eligible for admission to the examination. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination if otherwise eligible but the admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation if they do not produce proof of having passed the requisite examination along with the Detailed Application Form which will be required to be submitted online by the candidates who after qualifying on the result of the written part of the examination are also declared qualified in the Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
NOTE II : In exceptional cases the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified candidate, provided that he/she has passed an examination conducted by the other Institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his/her admission to the examination.
NOTE III : Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
V. Restriction on re-appearance of candidates finally selected/ recommended earlier: A candidate who has been finally selected on the basis of an earlier examination to the post of Assistant Commandants in any of the forces participating in the Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination will not be eligible to appear at a subsequent examination for recruitment of Assistant Commandants in the participating CAPFs.
VI. Physical Standards : Candidates must meet the prescribed Physical and Medical Standards for admission to Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants), Examination, 2018 specified in Appendix-V of the Notice.
VII. Possession of NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ Certificates : Possession of NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ Certificate will be a desirable qualification. These qualifications will be given consideration at the time of Interview/Personality Test only.
4. FEE : Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card.
Note : 1 Applicants who opt for “Pay by cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-Slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by Cash” Mode option will be deactived at 23.59 hours of 20.05.2018 i.e. one day, before the closing date; however applicants who have generated their Pay-in-Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to apply by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reason whatsoever, even if holding a valid Pay-in-Slip will have no other offline option but to opt for online Debit-Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 18.00 hours of 21.05.2018.
Note: 2. Candidates should note that payment of examination fee can be made only through the modes prescribed above. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode (unless remission of fee is claimed) shall be summarily rejected. Note: 3. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Get A Free Syllabus!